Friday, March 18, 2011

Photosynth - A new tool for me to learn and teach

As part of our next JRC ideaLab assignment, I'll be trying to learn as much as I can about Photosynth, an online photo-stitching application that allows you create seemingly 3D images from multiple photos in one location.

This is something that could really make photos for news and sports stories stand out and become more interactive for readers as they page through The Record's website and I'm excited to try it out with the hopes that it becomes part of our news gathering routine in the near future.

Here is an example of a scene assembled using the software (from Photosynth website, not one I shot):





Also, I'll soon be starting my next 30-day project to grow our TroyRecord.com bloggers by teaching members of our newsroom staff how to recruit and serve as contact points for the new additions they help bring to our blogging community. More on that soon!

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home