Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Posting from my iPad

So, in a surprising turn of events, all of my ideaLab gear has now arrived. My HP mini net book showed up yesterday and the iPad came this morning.

After a bit of a wait downloading iTunes on the work DSL connection, I got things up and running with a few free apps.

As expected, I was blown away by how smooth the Flipboard app pulls in social media data, including photos and links.

There are near limitless possibilities for what I see as possible with this device, especially for the news industry.

The Wordpress app, which I am typing in right now, is a bit limited in it's functionality but can certainly get the job done for blogging from the field.

That's all for now - I'll update more later once I've had some more time to try out all of the features and download some more apps.

Labels: , ,

1 Comments:

Anonymous Steve Shoe said...

Very exciting! I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with as part of the ideaLab.

I was thinking about buying myself a self-congratulatory gift, and ideas have ranged from a guitar to an X-box. Today I thought about an iPad, but I. Just. Hate. Apple. So. Much.

It's not rational, I know. And I wish I could rise above it. But I can't, and I'm comfortable with that. So I've resigned myself to waiting for a Droid-based tablet.

I really do think tablet-based computing will be the norm in 5 to 10 years; desktops will always have a home for heavier work (documents, video, photos, etc.) and gaming; and mobile devices when you're really traveling light. Not sure about laptops/netbooks.

August 19, 2010 at 1:21 PM 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home